EdTech Textbooks & Reports:
EdTech Software Support Tools:
- Roblyer, M.D. (2016). Integrating educational technology into teaching. (7 ed). Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc - Roblyer's text on educational technology addresses issues, case studies, and ideas relating to 21st century teaching. Her chapters explore educational technology from the basics to specific content areas as well as the technology tools and strategies.
- Januszewski, A., & Molenda, M. (2008). Educational technology: a definition with commentary. New York, NY: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. - Januszewki and Molenda define educational technology in the text by examining and analyzing each part of the provided definition. Each chapter explores a word critical to educational technology.
- Adams Becker, S., Freeman, A., Giesinger Hall, C., Cummins, M.,and Yuhnke, B. (2016). MC/CoSN Horizon Report: 2016 K-12 Edition. Austin, Texas: The New Media Consortium. - The 2016 Horizon Report outlines six trends and developments in educational technology that are soon to impact classrooms around the world.
- Multimedia in the Classroom. (n.d.). Retrieved February 13, 2017, from http://fcit.usf.edu/multimedia/overview/overviewa.html - The Florida Center for Instructional Technology explains benefits, uses, and integration strategies for multimedia in the classroom.
- 1-to-1 Essentials - Acceptable Use Policies. (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2017, from https://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/1to1/aups - A Common Sense Education article that outlines the purpose of Acceptable Use Policies and guidelines to create one.
- Why Have a Technology Policy in Your School or Library? | Librarians. (n.d.). Retrieved February 21, 2017, from http://www.scholastic.com/librarians/tech/techpolicy.htm - A Scholastic article about the benefits of having a technology policy, specifically how to write one.
- C. (2016, April 19). 10 Cool Ways Teachers Use Social Media to Enhance Learning @coolcatteacher. Retrieved February 26, 2017, from http://www.coolcatteacher.com/10-amazing-ways-teachers-have-used-social-media-to-enhance-learning/ - A list of ways that techie teachers are using social media, like Twitter and YouTube, in the classroom to enhance learning and share learning with the world.
- @coolcatteacher, V. D. (2014, February 27). A Guidebook for Social Media in the Classroom. Retrieved February 26, 2017, from https://www.edutopia.org/blog/guidebook-social-media-in-classroom-vicki-davis - An Edutopia article by @coolcatteacher outlining the benefits of using social media in the classroom.
- Stern, B. (2016, July 10). Because You Asked: How Tech Can Transform English/Language Arts Class from Good to Great (EdSurge News). Retrieved March 26, 2017, from https://www.edsurge.com/news/because-you-asked-how-tech-can-transform-english-language-arts-class-from-good-to-great - An EduSurge article about utilizing technology in the English Language Arts classroom to transform instruction.
- Understanding Educational Technology Trends & Issues. (n.d.). Retrieved April 04, 2017, from http://online.tarleton.edu/Home_files/EDTC_538/Week_2/Week_24.html - Article outlining common obstacles and suggested solutions to integrating technology in the classroom.
- Accessibility - Mac. (n.d.). Retrieved April 11, 2017, from http://www.apple.com/accessibility/mac/ - A list of accessibility features unique to Macs with images, videos, and explanations.
- P. (2010, November 12). Understanding Assistive Technology: Simply Said. Retrieved April 11, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLvzOwE5lWqhRYvTn2kIygOTdXBE8AyHFR&v=DB9pKkZoJDc - YouTube video explaining accessibility and assistive technology.
EdTech Software Support Tools:
- Kahoot! - Kahoot! is a drill-and-practice tool that incorporates gaming to test student knowledge.
- Quizizz - Quizizz is a drill-and-practice tool similar to Kahoot! that incorporates game-based learning. Different from Kahoot!, Quizizz uses memes following each answer to motivate/engage students.
- Google Slides - A Google apps presentation software that allows users to create, embed, publish, share, and link slides.
- Google Docs - A Google apps word processing software that allows users to create, embed, publish, and share word documents.
- Google Sheets - A Google apps spreadsheet software that allows users to organize, embed, publish, and share spreadsheets.
- Poll Everywhere Google Add-on - A Google apps add-on that allows users to embed live polls and poll results into a Google Slides presentation.
- Screencast-o-Matic - A screencast tool that allows users to record their screen utilizing audio and webcam.
- TodaysMeet - An interactive discussion board tool that allows users to collaborate and brainstorm in a live setting.
- Quandary - A game-based learning technology that allows users to make challenging ethical decisions as they shape the future of a new society and face various difficult situations.
- Tiny Tap - A social platform that allows users to create interactive games and lessons and connect with friends, family, and others around the world.
- Google Earth - A Google app that allows users to view locations around the world. Users can create virtual field trips with embedded questions, links, and videos to supplement and enhance the field trip experience.
- Google Lit Trips - A tool that utilizes Google Earth that includes several virtual field trip experiences for novels. Novels range from early reader to 12th grade.
- Lark by Storybird - A poetry/e-book creator tool that allows users to create brief lines of text based on illustrations. Users can share, embed, and even buy their creations.
- Glogster - A multimedia collage tool that allows users to compile and organize media files into an embeddable canvas.